- Meet our interns Ayah and Hibba! [1:25]
- Checking in with Ikhlas on her pregnancy and journey into parenthood [7:10]
- What does a doula do? Malika breaks down the doula’s role as an advocate and support system for the expectant family [16:04]
- The unique challenges Black women face navigating the medial system [20:56]
- The spiritual component of birth work and accepting your higher calling [31:46]
- Advice for expectant fathers [45:51]
A good acronym to remember is BRAIN in any circumstance in life but specifically in birth. Think of the benefits, the risks, the alternatives, what your intuition says and what happens if we do nothing. If you can answer all those questions you can get the information you need to make a decision.